Total sponsors The Royal Automobile Club Historic Awards 2019
The Royal Automobile Club is at the very heart of the UK’s classic automotive culture, and luckily for fans of vintage vehicles, it is hosting its first ever Historic Awards next month. Here’s everything you need to know about the event.
What is The Royal Automobile Club Historic Awards 2019?
Created to recognise achievement and distinction across the UK’s historic motoring and motorsport communities – including companies, clubs, events, associations and individuals – the Historic Awards is just the latest example of the 122 year-old club celebrating the passion and dedication of its members.
Championing all aspects of classic motoring over the last 12 months, nominations have already taken place, with awards being given across a wide range of categories:
- Competitive Event – For UK-based competitive classic motorsport.
- Motoring Spectacle – British events including concours d’elegance, tours, classic vehicle shows and club gatherings.
- Race Series – For race series with a primarily UK-focused calendar.
- Collection – For UK-based collections that have contributed greatly to historic motoring.
- Restoration – For expert restorations undertaken with technical sensitivity and research in mind.
- Personality – For individuals that have contributed much to historic motoring and motorsport.
- Outstanding Journalism – For the best British-published written historic motoring feature.
This year’s event takes place on Thursday, November 21st at the Royal Automobile Club on Pall Mall, with the festivities culminating with the presentation of the Royal Automobile Club’s Lifetime Achievement Award. You can apply for tickets here.
Total at the 2019 RACHA Awards
As part of its long history of supporting motorsport and with its range of ELF HTX Classic Car Oils, developed to protect older, vintage engines, Total are honoured to be sponsoring the Collection category. This will be awarded to a British-based collection that has had a notable impact on historic motoring in the UK or abroad, including private collections, museums, organisations or businesses.